ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY CARE:
Emergency medicine is a unique specialty which deals with a diverse population of adults and pediatric patients in response to injury and acute illness and a wide range of surgical, trauma and medical problems.
An Emergency Physician has a general expertise across all the specialties of medical science and is well trained to focus on life threatening symptoms and signs, make prompt decisions in a slit second and perform necessary action to save the life of patients in the emergency department.
They are well versed in performing lifesaving procedures like intubation, emergency tracheostomy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, central venous line placements, cardio version, external cardiac pacing, defibrillation, pericardiocentesis, thorococentesis, intra-arterial line placements, reduction of closed fractures and dislocations and mechanical ventilation.
Emergency physicians are also trained to perform bedside ultrasound examination of abdominal, chest, cardiac, ophthalmic, soft tissue and echocardiography within the scope of emergency medicine practice.
They also provide initial evaluation, care, stabilization and appropriate disposition in a wide variety of non-life threatening medical, trauma and surgical conditions.
They also play an important role in limiting the disability of the patients in the pre- hospital setup by providing appropriate direction to the emergency medical technicians in ambulance who transfer critically ill patients to the emergency department.
Department of Accident and Emergency Medicine at Jagrani Hospital
The Department of Accident And Emergency Medicine at Jagrani Hospital is resolute in improving the standards of pre-hospital and emergency department services in all avenues possible with a mission to achieve excellence as a local and national leader in the field of emergency medicine.
The A&E department at Jagrani Hospital provides treatment for a wide range of conditions like road traffic accidents, burns, poisoning, bites and stings, respiratory emergencies and is a one-stop facility with a full spectrum of services under leadership by Emergency Medicine Physicians.
The department is also fully equipped and ready to handle lifesaving procedures like intubation, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), central venous cannulationsetc.
- State of the art fully equipped advanced ambulance capable of handling medical and surgical emergencies including transport of Trauma victims (24×7)
- Basic life support ambulance equipped to handle minor emergencies (24×7)
- Ensured safe pick up and on – board emergency care in the Ambulance during pickups and transfers by qualified Emergency and Trauma Care Technicians (24×7)
- A fully equipped Emergency Department to handle any trauma, surgical, and medical emergencies in both adults and pediatric patients (24×7)
- Basic Life Support / Trauma Life support trained emergency nursing staffs (24×7)
- Emergency room coverage by Accident and Emergency Medicine Physicians (24×7)
- Evidence based Emergency Medicine practice (24×7)
- Dedicated Stroke team for early management &thrombolysis in stroke (24×7)
- Thrombolysis for myocardial infarction (24×7)
- Supportive services like laboratory / x ray / etc. (24×7)
- Supportive sub specialties consultation and services like general surgery, Cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, pediatric surgery and general medicine, plastic and reconstructive surgery, urology, oncology(24×7)
Always There For You.
Our emergency services easily compare with the best anywhere in the world.
• Round the clock availability of multiple specialists & operation theatres.
• Capability to handle serious patients with availability of ICUs equipped with latest ventilators.